Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just like that??!!

So Saturday night Evan and I did our bedtime routine as usual and he put his bobo(yes, pacifier! Which he ONLY gets at bedtime) in his mouth and then handed it back to me saying his version of ‘thank you’. Strange I thought…Sunday nap time he did the SAME thing. It’s so funny how little ones pick up on the things that we say a lot…apparently I say ‘thank you’ quite a bit…when he hands me a toy or something like that. Funny thing is that he uses the term correctly too! Anyway, the thought came to me ‘could weaning him off his bobo be that easy?’ Lol I guess so!!!! I had planned on taking it away after he turned 2…which by the way is a week away! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!? So he now goes to sleep without his bobo. My boy is growing up :0)!! Wondering how the transition to a bed will be…oh dear…

3 comments:

Kristine Mullen said...

Glad it was so easy. Sarah was easy too. She just stopped asking. Kiera on the other hand.....

Rebecca said...

Wow what a milestone moment. You will be back in the bobo stages soon enough. Crazy how fast our little ones grow right! The things that come from my daughter's mouth these days.... it's like she's 16 in a flash. Oh my!
Hope the next transition from bobo to no bobo will be that easy. Hope it for myself too.

Emily Murphy said...

Wow! That' so great, I'll admit I'm a bit jealous : )