Sunday, January 17, 2010

3rd times a charm?

Well...Evan woke up this morning hysterical (which never happens) grabbing BOTH of his ears. Now a week ago tomorrow I took him in to find he had an ear infection in his right ear. They put him on Azithromycin once a day for 5 days. On Thursday I didn't see that much of an improvement so called again and brought him in. his ear was worse. Poor thing! They decided to switch antibiotics to Clarithromycin 2x a day for 10 days. So imagine my annoyance when this morning it doesn't look like the ear thing has been solved! Luckily my Dr.'s office will make office hours on the weekend as needed so we headed in...for the 3rd time this week! Both ears are red. I just feel so bad for my little boo! She decided to get away from the 'mycins' antibiotics and try Cefdinir 2x a day for 10 days. Will lucky #3 work?! Let's hope and pray! Luckily I am blessed with a happy boy who is not completely miserable.

On another note I have been congested now for about a week which is OH so annoying. And now Dave is sick...thinking he has a sinus infection. The people at CVS just love me now I think!! Hopefully the next time I write we will ALL be BETTER!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Praying for you and the Fam! TXT me if you need a mental break.

Kristine Mullen said...

That's exactly the med they put Kiera on when hers wasn't didn't clear up after 3 weeks. Within 48 hours she was sleeping through the night (she's got 3 days left on it). I pray it works for Evan too.