Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Heart so Full

Tonight after I got home from the gym and helped get Evan ready for bed I asked Dave to read him his books and put him to bed so I could jump in the shower quick. Evan was standing making noise in his crib when I got out so I scooped him up and rocked him for a few moments which I don't normally do. As I did I started thinking about how much I LOVE this boy. My heart was/is so full of love for him. People often ask 'do you remember what it's like not having kids?' To that I answer...sometimes, I remember how easy it was to go out somewhere QUICKLY not having to remember a diaper bag, juice, snack, a toy etc etc. Independence I guess. But you know what? I would not trade that independence for my son ANY DAY of the week. I can't imagine my life without him in it. He brings me so much joy each day. I've always wondered how I will love ANOTHER baby like I love him. I've heard it's quite easy though :). So before I put Evan back in his crib I gave him a squeeze and kissed him (of course!) and told him how much I love him as I always do. I don't ever want a day to go by...good days AND bad days...where I don't express my love for him!

2 comments:

Kristine Mullen said...

It is amazing that you can love another one just as much as you do him. Remember these days. They go by way too quick!

Rebecca said...

Oh so sweet! Those Mommy hormones are kicking in. I've had a few of those moments just looking at our Princess. A baby changes everything and, though times are hard and challenging I'd never go back. Like you said to those free days.
Great post. Will be super cool to see the heart grow even fonder when your sweet little girl arrives. Your hubby will once again be swept off his feet.