Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What a week!

In my last post I mentioned that I was going away...well that trip was a lot longer then I thought it would be (I'll explain below)! The Cadre group Dave is involved in with Jeanne Mayo does a 'Ladies Breakaway' and it was amazing. To be able to get away with 57 other Pastors/Pastors Wives was truly a privilege. I met some awesome ladies that I hope to continue friendships with. God really put me on this breakaway for this time and season in my life. I feel refreshed and encouraged.

I was supposed to leave Atlanta (ATL) early Wednesday morning and arrive home around 11am which would have been perfect cause I could see Evan for a bit before nap time for us both :0)! WELL I found out Tues afternoon that my flight was CANCELLED due to the snow up north, which ended up being a whole lot of nothing! ANYWAY so I was re-booked on the same early flight for Thursday morning. So along with a couple other girls we went to PF Changs for lunch! One of my favs!! Had a great time. Got to attend Jeanne's youth service Wednesday night which was a panel of couple being asked questions. Started off with silly questions and then got more serious about how to honor God in your dating/marriage relationships. It was really good. When I called to check on my flight for Thurs morning I found out that flight was also CANCELLED! UGH! There didn't seem to be a problem with landing in Hartford (BDL) but was more my connection through Philly...so I thought??? I asked if there was anything flying in Boston since it's only about 1.5 hours away and if it meant I could come home Thursday then I was all about that! They booked me on a flight leaving at 3pm and arriving at 7:45pm in Boston. Well don't you know that my flight leaving ATL was DELAYED for an hour (at least) which meant I would miss my connection once in Philly. Can you imagine the frustration that I am feeling?! I have my husband saying 'can you come into NYC? PLEASE come home today!' :0(!! We ended up driving right over to the airport to talk to someone in the flesh. Basically I could get out of ATL but would be stranded in Charlotte or Philly if I went cause all flights were booked from there. SOOO she booked me on a flight leaving at 5:30AM Friday and arriving in BDL at 9:30am! YIKES that's early! Here's the kicker...the lady tells me I should arrive early like 4am and that the 'train' that brings people to their gates doesn't start running until 530am which means I have to WALK 2.5 miles!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my gosh right?!?! I said well I hope my baby doesn't come! ;0)! It ended up being fine and they had those moving walk ways so that helped. Good thing I work out, hahahahaha. SO my flight finally arrived at BDL Fri morning at 9:10am and I was SOOOOOO happy to be home with my boys!! My trip away was AWESOME but there is no place like HOME!

No comments: